Functions of Relief, Rehabilitation & Settlement Department
- Formulation of Policies, Strategies and guidelines regarding Relief, Rehabilitation and Emergency activities in the province.
- Coordination with the Federal Government on Disaster Management and Relief activities.
- Coordination with Provincial Departments regarding Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Representation on issues related to Relief, Rehabilitation, emergency etc for National Assembly, Senate and Provincial Assembly.
- Referral of cases to the Provincial Government on behalf of PDMA, PaRRSA, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Emergency Services (Rescue 1122), Civil Defense and any other agency that is created in the future.
- Legislation, policy formulation and sectoral planning relating to Relief and Rehabilitation.
- Administration of the National Disaster Management Act, 2010 and the West Pakistan, National Calamities (Prevention and Relief) Act, 1958.
- Assessment and valuation of losses during disaster for providing relief to the affectees.
- Planning for preventive and proactive measures against floods, rains, earthquake and other natural and manmade disasters.
- Reconstruction and rehabilitation of infrastructure damaged due to rains, flood and other natural and manmade disasters.
- Strengthening of disaster and crisis management capacity.
- Monitoring and supervision of Provincial Disaster Management Funds.
- Settlement and rehabilitation of internally displaced persons (IDPs).
- Budget, accounts and audit matters.
- Purchase of stores and capital goods for the Department.
- Matters incidental and ancillary to the above subject.
- Submission of proposals regarding disaster management and mitigation to the Provincial Disaster Management Commission and Provincial Disaster Management Authority.
- Any other task assigned by the Government.
Monday, 4. January 2016