Functions of PDMA
- PDMA Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is responsible for Disaster Risk Management.
- It formulates policies of disaster risk management, mitigation and preparedness and hazard risk reduction.
- It coordinates and communicates with all stakeholders (Federal Government, District Government, INGOs, IPs) before and after a disaster for preparedness and response.
- It provides relief to disaster affected population of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. It helps in the Recovery and Rehabilitation of affected communities.
- It handles the crises of IDPs and manages the camps established for displaced population.
- It also works on Reconstruction and Development projects in the affected areas for the restoration of life in hazard stricken areas.
- It acts as Donor's facilitation and coordination desk, while, it coordinates with donors for relief and rehabilitation on behalf of Provincial Government.